Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I swear . . .

I'm no prude by any means, but I try to keep my language as decent as possible among my friends at work. Today, I lost it. Dropped the f-bomb in the middle of our workroom. Working in a large urban school district is like trying to push watermelons through a sieve. No matter how hard you push and try to make it happen, it won't. Our relatively new superintendent is recruiting his youthful minions to affect much needed change/improvement in our district. One of his recent hires, Opie Cunningham has been an extreme disappointment. Today I find out that paperwork that was submitted one month ago to pay 35 teachers for working the Saturday and Sunday before the first day of school to set up their classrooms has been sitting on his ASSistant's desk. I get the paperwork completed a full week before it is due and today, payday, the teachers were not compensated for their extra time. They had to come in on their own time because the district was not able to complete renovations to a group of portable classrooms. This is NOT the first time that district employees have dropped the ball. Oh, no it's a way of life for them.

No comments: